Introduction to PCOS
PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and also known as Stein-Leventhal Syndrome. PCOS is common sex hormonal imbalance in women & it leads to grow many small cysts on their ovaries. Even girls as young as 12-year-old may have this syndrome. pcos weight loss helps to be healthy but not fat.
Most of the women at some point of time gained weight, but for women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), can lose weight easily but have to follow some strict routine of diet in pcos weight loss program.
Symptoms of PCOS
Symptoms of PCOS typically start soon after the first menstruation in women. The symptoms & PCOS type varies from person to person but there are some most common symptoms of PCOS are
- no periods, irregular periods, or very heavy periods
- pelvic pain
- extra hair on your face or other parts of your body, called “hirsutism”
Other symptoms include:
- thin hair
- weight gain specially belly fat
- anxiety or depression
- patches of dark, thick skin
- extra androgen & insulin
Why PCOS results in weight gain
In pcos weight loss, PCOS makes it difficult for the body to effectively use insulin and it is the job of insulin to convert starches and sugar contained in the food we eat into energy. When this happens, the result is that the sugar in the blood stream builds up. As the level of insulin increases and reaches a high level, it triggers the production of male hormones called androgen which results in symptoms like growth of body hair, acne, irregular period and weight gain.
This weight gain is typically in the abdomen because it is triggered by the male hormones and the abdomen is where men tend to carry weight. Abdominal fat is known to be the most dangerous type of fat because of its association with an increased risk of heart disease and other medical conditions. So, pcos weight loss is very important.
Risks associated with PCOS related weight gain
Women with PCOS related weight gain are very likely to develop Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol level, infertility, sleep apnea, high blood pressure and endometrial cancer. These conditions can result in heart related diseases.
Women with PCOS may suffer other concurrent health problems, such as
- type 2 diabetes
- high cholesterol.
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Endometrial cancer
- Heart disease,
these are linked to the weight gain typical in PCOS patients.
Why losing weight is good for women with PCOS
Losing weight, pcos weight loss can improve insulin sensitivity and consequently reduce the risk of diabetes and other complications associated with PCOS can be solved by pcos weight loss. pcos weight loss can restore ovulation, regulate menstrual cycle, reduce pregnancy complications, and improve fertility and persons’ self-esteem. Although modest and living weight loss are not cure for PCOS, but they will definitely go a long way to help.
How to loose weight with pcos
Everyone needs to maintain their weight, pcos weight loss in order to make a health life. Every woman in her life is very concerned about their weight. And every time women take advice from their doctor/dietician to loose weight (pcos weight loss), specially if they are having PCOS problem. PCOS weight loss is very important for such women. Some experts say that no need of medicine and some prefer to use natural way to maintain their weight. But the best way to get rid of PCOS is pcos weight loss program.
Here are some of the quick listed points that you should follow for your pcos weight loss strategy.
- Women with PCOS have higher tendency to have diabetics, so to prevent this make sure you workout daily. Recent study shows that women who have pcos must adapt an exercise habit of about 20-30mins daily to maintain their weight and diabetics. Never push to do more exercise. Also walk half and hour daily, only walking can decrease 40% of your PCOS.
- There is a myth that your food is everything which affects your health. For women with pcos is same thing. You need to have a proper diet and food to control your weight. Some people stop eating or eating min food in order to maintain their weight and it results low carbohydrate rate in body. Also can cause long term gastric problem, anaemia etc. Carbohydrate is very essential for our body system. But have such food which have less carbohydrate. According to expert women who have low carbohydrate food are in better shape during their pcos for their weight.
- Make a daily habit to have fruits but in proper quantity. This is very important point for women who have pcos. Fiber is needed in body and if you gain that with vegetables and fruits then its very beneficial for them.
- Having sufficient protein make your metabolic system strong. And for PCOS patient having good metabolic power is always a plus factor.
- Always stay positive. According to expert doctor being positive means you already cured half. So its very important for any woman to stay positive. Never give up. Just because you have pcos that doesn’t mean you can’t loose weight. So stay positive, many women lost weight during pcos and its true.
Most importantly always visit a doctor and have a regular checkup of your body, because its very important for you to know your pcos status, diabetic level, thyroid level and other factors. So must visit your consultant regularly.
PCOS is very common in women. So don’t worry if you have PCOS. Also there is no scientific theory that women who are suffering with PCOS can’t loose weight. So be positive and follow your diet plan and do what your doctor told and everything will be under control.